We are excited to announce the deadline and guidelines for the 2021 Big Other Book Awards! The awards aim to recognize excellence in literature and to promote and support the work of innovative writers and adventurous presses.
Here are the submission guidelines:
1. Books must be published between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. E-books, audiobooks, and reissued editions will not be considered.
2. We will select one winner in each of the following categories:
3. Books can be submitted by publishers and authors, although we reserve the right to honor any eligible book. There’s no limit to the number of titles a publisher or author may submit.
4. Two finished copies of each book submitted should be mailed directly here:
Big Other | c/o John Madera | 1840 W. 3rd Street, Brooklyn NY 11223. Galleys will not be considered.
5. The entry fee is $30 for each book. Be sure to upload a press release that includes a description of the book.
6. Publishers are urged to send their submissions as soon as possible. Packages must be postmarked by December 31, 2021. There will be no extensions to this deadline.
7. Finalists will be announced in the spring of 2022. Winners will be announced at the 2021 Big Other Book Awards ceremony in the spring of 2022.
On April 8, 2021, we announced winners of the 2020 Big Other Book Awards. Click on the link to enjoy superb readings by Big Other contributors Debra Di Blasi, Hillary Leftwich, Robert Lopez, Rone Shavers, and Edwin Torres! And please subscribe to our page while you're there.