Deadline and Guidelines:
The awards aim to recognize excellence in literature and to promote and support the work of innovative writers and adventurous presses.
The winners will be announced at the 2022 Big Other Book Awards Ceremony, which will be aired virtually in the spring of 2023.
Here are the submission guidelines:
1. Books must be published between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. E-books, audiobooks, and reissued editions will not be considered.
2. We will select one winner in each of the following categories:
3. Books can be submitted by publishers and authors, although we reserve the right to honor any eligible book. Chapbooks are eligible in every category. There’s no limit to the number of titles a publisher or author may submit.
4. Two finished copies of each book submitted should be mailed directly here:
Big Other | c/o John Madera | 1840 W. 3rd Street, Brooklyn NY 11223. Galleys will not be considered.
5. The entry fee is $40 for each book. Be sure to attach a cover letter with a press release.
6. Publishers are urged to send their submissions as soon as possible. Packages must be postmarked by December 31, 2022. There will be no extensions to this deadline.
7. Finalists will be announced in the spring of 2023. Winners will be announced at the 2022 Big Other Book Awards ceremony in the spring of 2023.
On June 24, 2022, we announced the winners of the 2021 Big Other Book Awards. Click on the link to enjoy superb readings by Big Other contributors Karen Heuler, Karen An-hwei Lee, Stephanie Strickland, and D. Harlan Wilson. And subscribe to our YouTube page while you're there.