Deadline and Guidelines:
We are excited to announce the deadline and guidelines for the 2023 Big Other Book Awards! The awards aim to recognize excellence in literature and to promote and support the work of innovative writers and adventurous presses.
The winners will be announced at the 2023 Big Other Book Awards Ceremony, which will be aired virtually in 2024.
Here are the submission guidelines:
1. Books must be published between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023. E-books, audiobooks, and reissued editions will not be considered.
2. We will select one winner in each of the following categories:
3. Books can be submitted by publishers and authors, although we reserve the right to honor any eligible book. Chapbooks are eligible in every category. There’s no limit to the number of titles a publisher or author may submit.
4. Two finished copies of each book submitted should be mailed directly here:
218 E. Park Avenue, #415
Long Beach, NY 11561
Galleys will not be considered.
5. The fee is $40 for each entry. Be sure to attach a cover letter with a press release.
6. Publishers are urged to send their submissions as soon as possible. Packages must be postmarked by December 31, 2023.
7. Finalists will be announced in the spring of 2024. Winners will be announced at the 2023 Big Other Book Awards ceremony in the summer of 2024.
On September 15, 2023, we announced the winners of the 2022 Big Other Book Awards. Click on the link to view the ceremony, where awards for lifetime achievement and outstanding service to the literary community were also presented.